Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chapter 2 - Jay Bear!


I woke up the next day feeling good and made the bed.


I could just start to see my baby bump. It made me feel proud and good inside.


I changed into regular clothes and went downstairs. I was craving pancakes, so I made a bunch of them.


As I sat down to eat them, I realized that I forgot to clean up my microwave meal from last night.
Yuck!


I decided to go out and buy some pregnancy books at the book store. I could use a little help the first time around!


When I got there, I realized that the bookstore was partnered with a day spa! After buying some pregnancy and kids books, I went over to the spa to treat myself to relaxation.


It felt good to be pampered!


When I got out of the car, I realized how much bigger my belly had gotten over the past 3 hours. I tried to walk normally, but that didn't work out too well. I had to "waddle" my way inside.


I started to read one of my pregnancy books. Labor sounded a lot scarier than I thought it would be! I will have to get used to it though, if I'm going to do it 99 more times!


I tried to get my mind off of labor by painting. I was thinking about what my baby will look like. I realized that I started to actually paint a face!
I guess I'm painting a portrait this time!


After painting, I was craving ice cream. I found a huge tub of it in the freezer! I don't know why I ate a giant tub of it when i could have had an ice cream cone using my ice cream maker!


I went upstairs and laid down in bed. It took me a while to get used to sleeping with my big belly.


When I woke up, I noticed how big my belly was! "You're a big baby, aren't you?" I said to my unborn child.


I  went downstairs and showered,


Ate,


Then read my other pregnancy book. When I was done with it, I felt confident in myself that I am able to do this challenge! "Bring it on!" I thought to myself.


I walked upstairs into the nursery. I realized that I hadn't put anything in there! I wanted to have some sort of animal theme. Maybe something with bears since, my last name is Bear.
That would be really cute.
I started right away.


That's MUCH better.
 I was prepared to either have a boy, or a girl.


I went downstairs to make some mac and cheese, but then...


The baby was coming! I knew what to do because of reading those books. Good thing I did! I would have no clue what to do if I didn't!


I went into the nursery to have my baby.


After about an hour, I welcomed Jay Bear into the world. It felt amazing to be a mom. I feel so blessed to be able to do this!


I happily fed him his first bottle.


I smiled and said to him, "Hey, buddy! Welcome to this crazy world of ours." I put him into his panda bear crib with a kiss on the forehead.


Jay just looked up at me and smiled. My heart was instantly filled with joy and warmth.


With Jay safe in the nursery, I finished cooking my mac & cheese.


I went upstairs and poked my head into the nursery. I found Jay sleeping and was happy that I could go to bed tonight knowing that my baby was safe and sleeping. I didn't know how much longer it would last, though.


I headed to bed with my fingers crossed that I could get a full night's sleep. My chances were very slim, though, with a newborn baby.


About 30 minutes after I got into bed, I was woken up from Jay's cries. I sighed and hurried in to take care of him. I fed him a bottle and he seemed content.


I went to bed knowing that I could sleep the rest of the night knowing that Jay had been taken care of.


The next day, I woke up and went through the usual routine. Making the bed...


Showering...


And the new addition to the routine, Jay! He just started to cry as i walked in the room. I picked him up and tried to calm him down. "It's okay now, mommy is here," I softly said to him.


He just needed another quick bottle. I tossed him in the air and played with him for a while. I still couldn't believe that I had made him.
Time to age him up!


I carried Jay from the nursery, down to the Birthday Area. "Happy Birthday Jay!" I said to him. He just laughed as I blew out the candles for him.


I loved his eyes so much! They remind me of when I would look into his father's eyes. 
"Those purple eyes of yours are going to get some girls in high school, you know that, right?" I said to him with a laugh. Even though he didn't understand my words, he understood my tone. He laughed as I tickled him.
It's great to be a mom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for reading Chapter 2! Did you like it? Have any questions? Please comment down below! It makes my day. <3

4 comments:

  1. what town is your challenge based in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the first 9 chapters it is in Starlight Shores, but in Chapter 10 (just released) the Bears move to Sunset Valley. :)

      Delete
  2. Your challenge is amazing,So far! I can't wait to continue reading!!

    ReplyDelete