Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chapter 4 - No Progress!


I heard Jay wake up. We both woke up pretty late.


I made my bed and went into the nursery to take care of Jay. I was so glad that today I had a fresh start again. 
I really needed to get going with this challenge.



Jay was banging on the crib when I came in. 
He was so hungry! 
I felt really bad for making him stay up late at that party last night. 
It was a waste of time.


I picked him up, apologizing. 
"I'm so sorry Jay." I said to him with comfort. He pointed to his stomach, and it growled really loud.
 "Here you go, Buddy!" I said as I handed him his bottle. 
He quickly grabbed it and drank from it.


I then went downstairs and ate some waffles for breakfast.


I went back upstairs to check on Jay. He was happily playing with blocks at the block table.


He obviously used the potty chair, since there was a puddle on the ground and stink fumes coming from the potty.
This is disgusting! You better get used to it, though!


Once I finished cleaning up, I continued on with the talking lessons. Jay had almost got the hang of it. He had trouble with the 'K' sound.
"Say 'Car'." I told him, emphasizing on the 'K" sound. 
"Tar?" He said to me. We had some work to do.
 "Hmm, how about 'Cuddle'. Say 'Cuddle'!" 
"Cwuddle?...Cuddle!" he said. "Cuddle, cuddle, cuddle!" He was really proud of himself.
"Good job!" I said as I clapped for him. "You did it!" 
"Yay!" he said as he smiled.


Since he knew how to talk now, I started with the walking lessons. 
They ended a little short, though, because we were interrupted with a phone call.


It was Kevin, someone that lived with Tyler. 
He said that Tyler told him about my challenge and Kevin was interested in participating. 
He invited me to their house.
So, then, I picked up Jay and headed out.


Kevin was the one to invite us in. "Hey, come on in!" he said. He seemed very nice.


I put Jay down on the floor to play with some of the toys that he brought with him.
He started playing with his toy shark.


I knew that I had to get this challenge going. We had our first kiss!


Just as Jay switched toys, I realized that it was six in the morning when the sun shined through the windows of the house.
 Whoa. I stayed up all night!
 "Jay and I are gonna be really off schedule sleeping wise." I apologized to him as I picked him up.
 I said, "Aww, Jay. I'm sorry that you had to stay up all night again. We will go home right now and then we can sleep, okay?"
 "M'kay." he said, with a yawn. 
I was glad that he didn't get angry at me for this, especially because it happens so often.


As soon as we got home, I hurried to get Jay in his crib so that he could sleep.
He was already asleep even before I put him in.


I happily got my sleep, too.


I woke up at 4 in the evening.
 Wow. I didn't think that I would be this off schedule.
I fed Jay his breakfast at 5 o'clock at night. 
I had no idea how we would get back on schedule.


I ate some waffles, but when I went to wash the dishes, I realized that the dishwasher was broken. 
I had to wash the dishes using the sink.


I changed my clothes and called the repair technician.
 He said that he would be over in about an hour. 
I then got a call from Kevin. He invited me to the gym. 
It was kind of a weird place to go, but hey, it was somewhere.


I quickly saw Kevin standing near the front desk. I met up with him and we chatted for a while.


It was getting late again, though, and I thought about how Jay and I are really off on our sleeping hours.
 I had to go home.


I got home around 3 in the morning. 
At least I got home earlier than last night. 
I picked up Jay, apologizing once again.
I put Jay in his crib, and he fell asleep fast. I still felt bad about this.


With Jay taken care of, I went downstairs to eat. The dishwasher was broken!
 I thought the repair technician came and fixed it.
 I'll just have to call him again.


After eating cake, I washed the dishes using the sink. 
But, of course, that had to break, too.
Great. Now I have a broken sink, a broken dishwasher, and a big puddle on the floor.
I called the repair technician, once again, to have everything fixed.


I then called Kevin and invited him over. He said he would be over in a little while.
I was so tired, though, that I took a nap on the couch while I waited for Kevin to come over.


I soon woke up to the sound of the doorbell.
"Hey!" I said. "What's up?" he replied. "Just the usual, life with Jay," I said.
 Kevin was acting just like how Javed was acting. 
Suspicious.


I tried flirting with him but, he told me that I was acting weird.
 From the look on his face that he gave me, I could tell he felt awkward. 
"Let me know when you stop acting so weird..." he said as he walked away.
 Weird? You're weird, Kevin!


I sighed and headed inside to check up on Jay. He woke up as I walked in.
"At least I will always have you, Jay." I said to him. 
"Mhm!" he said, happily.
I put him down on the floor and gave him his breakfast.
 I was glad to have a child like Jay to keep me encouraged.


Exhausted, I finally went to sleep.
How will I ever get this challenge going?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for reading Chapter 4! Did you like it? Do you have any questions? Please comment below! It makes my day. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment