Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chapter 7 - Time For School!


I needed to get everyone to bed, it was really late. I started off with Paris. 
Nicole wasn't too happy, though, that her sister got to go first.


Soon, everyone, including Jay, was sleeping.


By the time I got to bed, it was so late that the morning sun was peeking through the windows
I really have to try and get to bed earlier. I'll never learn, will I?


Paris woke up after only 30 fast minutes of sleep, for me.
I sighed as I headed into the nursery to start the next day.
Oh, the life of a challenge mom.


I felt so bad for her. 
"I really have to get better at this 'mommy' thing, don't I Paris?" I said to her, apologizing.
 "Kind of." Paris said quietly.
I just laughed as I handed her a bottle.
In no time, Nicole was up, too.


When I picked her up to take care of her, she would not stop fussing and crying.
I tried everything. Lullabies, teddy bears, crackers. Nothing worked.
I left her with a warm bottle of milk on the floor and figured that she would drink it sooner or later.


After I had a nice shower, I checked back up on the girls.
Everything was back to normal.
I sighed in relief as I picked up the empty bottle by Nicole's crib.


As I made my way downstairs, I saw Jay finishing up his breakfast.
 "Really, Jay?", I said to him, "Cake for breakfast?" 
"Yeah, mom! It's delicious!" he happily replied with his mouth stuffed with cake and his lips blue from the frosting.
 "Okay, then." I said, realizing that I always eat cake for breakfast, too.
I guess my kids take after me.
I giggled as I washed his dirty dishes.


Jay was such a typical boy. He played video games almost all day. 
He always got really into it, too.
You would always hear him yelling at the T.V. or shouting in excitement.


I gathered all of the birthday cakes from last night and put them all away in the fridge. 
"Three cakes will hold us up for a long time." I said out loud. 
"THERE'S THREE CAKES IN THE FRIDGE?!?" I heard Jay yell to me. 
I also heard the video game noises stop. He must have paused it. 
"Yeah, why?" I replied. 
"THAT'S SO AWESOME!" Jay yelled back.
 The video game noises continued once again and I just laughed to myself. 
I'm gonna miss Jay when he moves out.


After I ate some bacon, I was in then nursery teaching walking and talking lessons to my girls.
Nicole was doing pretty well, but Paris had some troubles with walking.
After a while, though, they both got the hang of both skills.


I suddenly heard Jay screaming and laughing while I heard trampoline jumping noises. 
He saw me watching him and waved to me. I happily waved back.
He was having a lot of fun doing a bunch of 'kid' activities , now.
He was out there for hours jumping on the trampoline, sliding down the slide, and springing on the spring riders.
I was glad that he was having a lot of fun.


As the sun set further and further, I realized how late it really was.
2 lullaby songs later and both of my girls were fast asleep.


I then stood by the nursery window, trying to get Jay's attention. 
He finally looked over to me and I tried to use hand signals to tell him to go to sleep soon. 
He nodded his head and mouthed "Okay."
 I watched him slide down the jungle gym pole and head inside.
I was off to a new daddy's house to continue my challenge.


I ran into a handsome man named Devin Pine.
His eyes were a bright, crystal blue. It was really easy to get lost in them.
He fit under all 3 categories of cute, male, and single.
"Right now I have to get home to my kids. It's pretty late and Jay has his first day of school tomorrow. I have to make sure he is in bed." I told him. 
"Oh, okay. Tell Jay that I send him good luck on his first day of school!" He said.
"Aww, okay! I will!" I said, thinking of how sweet he was to say that.


The next morning, Jay's room was my first stop of the day.
"How's my little student?" I said with a big smile on my face as I entered the room.
"He's okay..." Jay mumbled. He looked kind of sick.
"Just 'okay'?" I was worried about him. "Aren't you excited to go to school?"
"I guess." He didn't look like he was telling the truth. "I'm just so scared. There are high-school students that are in the same school as me. Doesn't that sound scary to you, too?"
"Well, I've already been through school, Jay. Trust me, you'll be fine. As long as you act the way that you normally do and be the same ol' Jay that you always are, everyone will love you. Promise."
I leaned down and gave him a hug. I was glad that he felt better.


I heard a scream and a cry coming from the nursery.
"I gotta go. Get ready for school, Jay! You'll do great! Love you!" I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Love you, too, mom!" He replied as he made his bed.
I quickly took care of my twins, going through the regular, repeating routine.


Soon after I heard a bus honk outside, I heard Jay yell "Bye, mom!" up the stairs.
"Bye, sweetie!" I yelled back.
When the bus left, reality hit me.
I was left with just my twins at home. Jay wasn't here.
Jay has always been here, but now he's growing up and moving on.
I laid into my bed, exhausted and in no time, fell asleep.


I woke up to the sound of a bus horn and a door slam.
I looked at my alarm clock on the nightstand.
It read 3:00.
Jay was already home from school.
Better go ask him how his first day of school was.


I poked my head downstairs to find Jay raiding the fridge for something to eat. 
"Hey, Jay! How was school?" I asked him. 
"It was fun! But, I'm really hungry." He said as he dug through the fridge.
 "There's some bacon in there...some cake..." I said, trying to help him. 
"I'll go with bacon." He said. 
"Alright, well, I'll be in the nursery!" I told him.
 "Kay!" He said as he headed to the table with a plate of bacon.
 "Oh, and don't forget to do your homework!" I shouted to him. 
"I won't forget!" He said, reassuring me.


Soon, everyone in the house was sound asleep. 
I actually felt relaxed for some reason. It was kind of strange.
I reasoned in my head that something was wrong, but I just didn't know about it.
There was no way that nothing could be wrong in my family.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so very much for reading Chapter 7! I realize that it really isn't my best, but the story had to go on. The next few chapters will be really good, promise!
Have any questions, thoughts, or baby names? Did you like it?
Please comment below!
It makes my day. <3












2 comments:

  1. I really like your challenge so far! :) And all of your kids!! Jay is so sweet. One suggestion I would have is to throw in a plot twist or mix up the screenshots sometime soon to keep the readers hooked. Great job so far and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! oh, and trust me; you'll get there. ;D

      ~Heather/Payton Bear <3

      Delete